Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Zoho Writer

I love Zoho Writer! This is probably my favorite of the various programs I've discovered so far in completing the "23 Things" activities. This could be quite useful with my career in teaching, and I am excited to discover the advantages of this program.

Whenever I assign a major project for my classes...which is at least once a quarter...I e-mail the parents with an attached copy of the assignment sheet. It hasn't happened often, but occasionally, there are parents who do not have Microsoft Word on their computers and, therefore, can not open the documents I send them. Most parents like receiving the assignment sheets for major projects because it keeps them more aware of what their children are doing in my class; it also permits them to have a more active role in their childrens' education.

With the Zoho Writer program, I will be able to import documents (such as the speech assignmentI've posted below) and share them with parents in that manner. The one drawback I see at this point is that I don't believe there is a way to save e-mail addresses within the program. This could cause a problem for me because there are so many parents whom I e-mail simultaneously. I have not yet played with it, however, and am curious if I would be able to e-mail the shared document to my work account and then forward that e-mail to all of the parents that way. This definitely has potential!

No comments: