Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Overdrive

I have used the library's Overdrive service in the past when I was searching for an Edgar Allan Poe audio book to use in the classroom when teaching some of Poe's short stories. I found the service to be useful and easy to use. I had no problem creating an account and searching to find what I was looking for. And, in the process, I found serveral other materials that I may be interested in using in the future. Downloading the appropriate software was also quite easy to do. I think this is a great service for the library to offer because so much of the public is leaning more and more toward doing acquiring information via technology from the comfort of their own homes. This gives people the option of acquiring the materials they need...or want...on their own time and at their own convenience. I look forward to seeing what other options we can offer to the public in the future.

No comments: