Thursday, June 7, 2007

Web 2.0

The site I decided to explore was craigslist because I've heard people talk about it before, but had never actually visited it myself. I thought it might provide a lot of useful tools to offer answers and assitance on a wide array of information. Although I believe it has the potential to do that, I did not particularly like the site. This surprised me, seeing as how it was the 1st place winner in the 2007 Web 2.0 Awards. The look of the site was distasteful to me from the start. It just looked like bunches of information jumbled together, an attempt to fit as much on the screen as was possible without as much thought about the overall appearance. It made me not want to search throught he various services craigslist has to offer. I did, however, peruse through several links because I do believe the site has the potential to be helpful in the library setting. It does provide a great deal of information that librarians may use to answer patrons questions - it's like a jumbled virtual newspaper that also allows for interaction amongst is users. Unfortunately, I just didn't feel like it was as user-friendly as I would have liked.

No comments: